Here’s our weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- Scott Myers keeps you from getting stuck in Act Two.
- Does a story absolutely need a protagonist?
- Why THE PHANTOM MENACE sucks. 70 mins of fun.
- Scripts for CASABLANCA, CHINATOWN and THE STING.
- Build your own Stormtrooper uniform – unpunished.
- Protect your ideas by spreading them, says Godin.
- Emily Blake on titles.
- Early Cameron and the Canadian Conspiracy.
- 20 Greatest SF movies of the decade.
- Want to be a pro? Act like one right now. Write to a quota.
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- The Other Story Department (Friday)
- Ex Libris Brislee – Screenwriting book reviews (2010)
- Story Dept – New look (Jan ’10; email me if you can’t wait)