Here’s our weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything you believe might be of interest.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- Bill Martell about the intelligent and entertaining DISTRICT 9.
- Who is surprised? A sequel/prequel of DISTRICT 9 is in the works.
- Read this on The Rouge Wave if you want to write a TV spec.
- Lisa Klink shares some thoughts on the characters in MAD MEN.
- Craig Mazin: Is the writer’s struggle necessary for creative success?
- CinemaBlend interviews screenwriter/studio suit James Schamus.
- It helps the writer to understand the actor, says Alex Epstein.
- One less door for Aussie screenwriters to knock on. SEED closes.
- Another round of introspection for the Australian film industry.
- The director of a Small Australian Film feels the need to respond.
- Lynden Barber’s issues with the Small Australian Film
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- “Confessions of a Scriptwriter”, by Jack Feldstein.
- The SLG (Simple Logline Generator).
- A structural breakdown by Paul Gulino.
- The Fastest Pass: Improve your script in less than an hour.