Here’s my weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- Hasbro’s a film producer. What’s this mean for original movie ideas?
- Follow your gut, but train it first
- Original movies outnumbered at the Oscars, a look over the decades.
- Clarify your character: making your main guy a mystery won’t work.
- Writing’s like heroin. A look at why we don’t just say “no”.
- Concept v. execution, can the logline win the race?
- Blocked? List your favorites, then ask yourself why they are.
- Beat Sheet Central, a way to check in with what’s been done.
- When the hero is up against many, be mindful of zombie class
- A look at taking feedback: handling the notes.
- Big Mouth about Margaret P.’s massive gaffe.
- The 50 most despicable Oscar snubs of the 2000s
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- NEW LOOK!
(with thanks to Sol)