Here’s my weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- PDFscreenplays.net now myPDFscripts. New addition: Hitch’s ROPE.
- Sorkin’s solo writing: Genius or ego? Alex Epstein makes a guess.
- Another competitor on the horizon for Final Draft: Adobe Story.
- Mystery Man on the use of SPLIT SCREEN.
- John August tells you what to do BEFORE mailing out your baby.
- What is the right attitude AFTER sending out a script? This is UNK’s.
- It was That Day again, reminding us why we really need stories.
- When politics interfere with entertainment in Australia.
- Muppet Man making waves. (I wrote about Christoper before.)
- In April last year, I had enough. Now it’s Josh Olson’s turn to whinge.
- Gotta be careful what you say in this small world. (not serious)
- Don’t worry Josh, I will still read your script. But it’ll cost you.
- Long wait for UP in OZ. 4 months after Cannes, stories getting old.
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- 20 Ways to Beat the Block
- Structural breakdown of A BEAUTIFUL MIND
- Confessions of a Scriptwriter (2)
- Structural breakdown of THE UNTOUCHABLES
- The SLG (Simple Logline Generator).
- Paul Gulino: Screenwriting, the Deadline Approach.
- The Fastest Pass: Improve your script in less than an hour.