Here’s my weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
- Just in: Roman Polanski arrested in Switzerland on 31yr old warrant.
- Something for those who don’t hold the MacGuffin in high esteem.
- The difference between treatment and outline? Scott Meyers explains
- The line between negotiation and exploitation? Alex Epstein on rights.
- Scarlett: ‘What’s my motivation here?’ Woody: ‘Your salary’.
- Great writing: emotion exploding out of a few simple lines.
- Soderbergh’s Informant: based on a true story, Kottke found out.
- Aronofsky plans movie based on Securitas heist. I want to see it.
- Save money and a trip to the cinema. Cody’s ‘Body’ on MyPDFscripts.
- I once met with Greenaway. Cool guy, mean artist. Not a filmmaker.
- Soderbergh was in Sydney last week. What was he doing here?
- Thompson’s much quoted piece on the Toronto ’09 “blood bath”.
- Did the Toronto Film Fest wrap-up worry you? Here’s more.
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- Structural breakdown of THE UNTOUCHABLES
- Paul Gulino: Screenwriting, the Deadline Approach.
- The Fastest Pass: Improve your script in less than an hour.