Here’s my weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- Screenwriting Expo – Report on Day 1 (by James Nicholas)
- Alexandra beat me to it on the 3-Act, 8-Sequence structure.
- There’s this structural formula for movies. It works. But why?
- Bollywood: Big audiences … and stories they want to see.
- Lantern gone. Time to focus on local mainstream flicks, NSW!
- Is cult film dead? If so, who killed it?
- Screenwriters are earning less. It’s not simply the economy.
- 1st Lesson: A simple overview of the 12 Hero’s Journey Stages.
- Story is about problems. Like news only reports bad things.
- In his old age, Coppola has become a whinger. Get with it dude!
- Some scribes write really dense tech talk, and get away with it.
- Why should you consider writing low budget stories?
- Last year’s Black List: Scripts now all available for download.
- When a goat is just a goat. About useless, ego maniac teachers.
- You’re a competition 1/4 finalist. Should you brag about it?
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- Raindance Film Fest wrapped. A director reports.
- Structural breakdown of THE UNTOUCHABLES
- Paul Gulino: Screenwriting, the Deadline Approach.