Here’s my weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- Sometimes the best rewrite is going back to the index cards.
- Don’t twitter a tweet, Hollywood contracts keeping it confidential
- Applying your faith: Advice on making Christian films
- For Akiva Goldsmith all it takes is genius, madness
- Where the Wild Things Are, script now online
- I’ve done my list of annoyances before, here is Julie Gray’s
- Mad Max 4 pre-production underway.
- Know your story elements: Act One
- Story elements cheat sheet: an index card checklist
- To co-write? Are two minds really better than one?
- Never summarize the scene: how to keep pace
- Matt Weiner of Mad Men won’t say “agent”
COMING SOON to the Story Department:
- Merrel Davis on ‘Avoiding Mental Spackle’
- Structural breakdown of THE UNTOUCHABLES
- Paul Gulino: Screenwriting, the Deadline Approach