Here’s my weekly selection from the blogosphere. Feel free to recommend anything or give your feedback in the Questions and Comments below.
And don’t forget you can subscribe to our posts so you don’t miss any of this, ever.
- Robert McKee goes Campbell: Culture makes no difference
- “CUT TO:” – Cut it out.
- Final Draft adds highlighting – Easier PDF.
- Emily confused about Happy Endings. WTF is wrong with them?
- You can’t proceed without a PLAN: the crucial plot element
- How to write good characters: observation and mimicry
- Know bad writing so there’s no bad writing
- Breakdown of Indie “The Dinner Party”, writing lessons applied
- The Climax: finding the hero on villain turf
- More hypocrisy in our industry: 10 noms for Ward’s ugly egg
- Do’s and Don’ts for your spec script
- Don’t turn the lights out on your story: writing scenes in blacknessCOMING SOON to the Story Department:
- Structural breakdown of THE UNTOUCHABLES (Monday night midnight)
- Paul Gulino: Screenwriting, the Deadline Approach.